Dublin, Dec. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Video Games: Global Markets” report has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com’s Offering.
The video game industry is currently among the fastest growing segments of the entertainment industry. The gaming market is dominated by world-renowned consoles and brands from renowned game development companies such as Sony PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, etc. The sector is characterized by a huge amount of innovation and dynamism, not just growth. More than one billion video game consoles have been sold worldwide in the past decade.
Marketing executives are turning to video games in a variety of industries to promote merchandise, through movie tie-ins and in-game promotion. One of the important factors affecting the video game industry is the availability of platform and game distribution technologies globally. The growing demand for video games has opened up new avenues for the industry.
Some of the key factors driving the growth of the video game market include steady increase in the number of players, increased innovation in game design, increased interest in eSports, advancement of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR), and future turn towards the Metaverse. Nevertheless, the growth of the video game market is hampered by factors such as piracy and gaming addiction regulations.
In this report, the video game market was segmented, based on genre, into action, shooting, sports, role-playing, adventure, racing, strategy and others. Games like puzzle, skill and chance, simulation, etc., which are segmented together in the category of others, are the most popular as they are effective in having fun, comforting and enjoying with friends as well as family. The second most popular genre is action games that test the reflexes, reaction speed and hand-eye coordination of players. The video game industry is classified by platform: console games, mobile games, PC games, and others. Mobile gaming is the biggest contributor to the ever-increasing demand for video games today. This is almost a third of the world’s population.
- An overview of the global video game market and discussion of key market developments
- Market size estimation and analysis of global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022 and projected compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Analysis of market trends and identification of new opportunities, challenges and technological changes in the industry
- A look at the development of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) in the video game industry and discussion of educational applications of video games
- Highlights of current and future market potential, market size and market share analysis based on genre, mode, type, platform and region
- Increased number of players
- Ever more creative game design
- Video games in education
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
- Hacking and cheat codes
- Cutthroat Competition
- New games to earn money powered by Web3
|Number of pages||132|
|Estimated market value (USD) in 2022||244 billion dollars|
|Projected market value (USD) by 2027||473.7 billion dollars|
|Compound annual growth rate||14.2%|
Key topics covered:
chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and highlights
Chapter 3 Video Games: Market Overview
Chapter 4 Market distribution by genre
Chapter 5 Market distribution by platform
Chapter 6 Market distribution by end user
Chapter 7 Market distribution by region
Chapter 8 Competitive landscape
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- Activision Blizzard, Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Bandai Namco Games Inc.
- Capcom Co. Ltd.
- Cyberagent, Inc.
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Epic Games Inc.
- Konami Holdings Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- Sony Corp.
- Square Enix Co. Ltd.
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Ubisoft Entertainment Sa
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
For more information on this report visit
Global video game market