Top realme 10 Pro+ tips, tricks, quick shortcuts, useful features you need to know
realme recently launched its latest realme 10 series smartphones in India and realme 10 Pro+ is the upper variant with realme UI 4.0, a curved display screen, a slim and light design, and the new Dimensity 1080 CPU with 67W fast charging support. Realme 10 Pro+ is among the first smartphones to receive realme UI 4.0 and it includes many amazing tricks, shortcuts, gestures and useful features. Here are the best Realme 10 Pro+ tips and tricks you need to know.
Top realme 10 Pro+ Tips, Tricks, Quick Shortcuts, Useful Features
1) Simple screenshot gesture – Slide three fingers
Realme UI 4.0 has a great gesture-based shortcut for taking screenshots, and it has been there in realme UI 3.0, but still many people don’t know about this handy quick gesture. Most people still use the traditional method – power button and volume down button, but this gesture is far too simple.
To use this feature, just slide three fingers on the screen from top to bottom, and the screenshot is quickly saved to the gallery. This feature is turned on by default, but you can disable or reactivate it from your phone’s settings.
- Go to Settings -> System settings -> Gestures and movements and see the slider for Swipe down with 3 fingers to take screenshot is On or Off.
Taking screenshots with the three-finger gesture is the easiest and most convenient way to take screenshots on your smartphone. By using the three-finger gesture, you will be able to take screenshots much easier without any problems.
2) Half or partial screen image via the same gesture
You just learned the quick gesture for taking screenshots and the same can be used to take half or partial screenshots. If you don’t want to take full screen screenshots, you can easily take partial screenshots by doing this simple trick. There are two more hidden gestures, the partial screen and the scrolling screen, and it takes a slightly different approach for gestures. Unlike full screen shots, a partial screen shot or half screen shot captures a portion of the screen and not the full screen.
Enable the partial screen settings on your phone.
- Go to Settings -> System settings -> Gestures and movements and turn on the slider for Press and hold with 3 fingers to take screenshot.
To take partial screenshots, press and hold three fingers on the screen for a second, then swipe down on the screen. You get a selection on the screen, select the screen area to what you want, and take partial screenshots. Remember that you have to hold the three fingers on the screen for a second and then swipe it down.
3) Take scrolling screenshots with gestures
Another three-finger gesture that lets you take rolling screenshots on realme 10 Pro+. Scrolling screenshots are useful if you store a long chat history, a description, a document or some information over the Internet. To take scrolling screenshots, use the same gesture, i.e. three fingers, press and hold the screen for a second, and swipe across the bottom of the screen.
4) Stop apps from using data on your phone
If you don’t know, realme UI 4.0 has a feature that allows you to control the Wi-Fi access of the installed apps. If you’re wondering how to stop an app from using Wi-Fi, this is where it comes in handy. There is a per-app internet connection kill switch and you can use it for apps that use data in the background.
If you think there’s an app grabbing your data every time you connect to the Wi-Fi network, why not take control of the apps using your phone’s Wi-Fi? This handy feature lets you block internet access for apps you think are using unnecessary data.
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Special app access -> Wi-Fi control and select the apps you want to stop or block Wi-Fi access.
Turn off the slider to disable Wi-Fi for that specific app. Now check the app and see if it has internet access.
5) Lock apps via fingerprint
The Realme 10 Pro+ comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner that can be used to secure individual apps installed on the phone and then unlock them using your fingerprint when needed. The apps you use on your phone can be locked using your fingerprints, so no one but you can access the apps by unlocking them with your fingerprints.
To lock apps with your fingerprints, here’s what you need to do. Make sure you have registered your fingerprints on realme 10 Pro+.
- Step 1: Pulling towards Settings -> Password & Security -> Fingerprint and add your fingerprint (if you don’t have one). When you’re done, you’ll be shown a menu where you can choose to turn on App lock.
- Step 2: Now go to Settings -> Privacy -> App Lock and turn on the slider, you will be prompted to set up a privacy password.
- Step 3: Select the apps you want to lock with your fingerprints using the slider.
That’s it, the apps will now be locked and secured with your fingerprints. Now try to open a secured app and you will be prompted for authentication. Use your fingerprint to unlock the apps.
Securing your phone with your fingerprint is one of the most important things you should do, but securing your apps with your fingerprint adds a layer of security on top. When your smartphone is in an unlocked state, the apps are still secured with your fingerprint. An unlocked phone will give anyone access to your smartphone, whether you’ve secured it with a fingerprint, PIN, password or other security. This is where you should lock the apps with your fingerprints and secure them so that when someone tries to access your unlocked phone and open the apps, it asks for a fingerprint authentication that only you can unlock, unlike others.
6) Change fingerprint animations
The Realme 10 Pro+ comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner and it has some nice animations whenever you tap it to unlock. Go over to Settings on the phone and press Wallpapers and style -> Fingerprint animation. From here you can set your favorite fingerprint animation.
7) Split screen using a simple gesture
The Split Screen feature is quite underrated, many people switch apps frequently, but they can use this simple gesture to split the screen and use two apps at the same time. Say you can chat with your friends on WhatsApp and also watch videos on YouTube at the same time. This feature can be extremely useful if you multitask on your phone.
To use the split screen feature, swipe up on the screen with three fingers to enter split screen mode and select the app you want to use in split mode. You can adjust the slider to resize the apps.
The split screen can be turned on or off from the Settings menu.
- Go to Settings -> Special features -> Split screen and set the slider according to your needs.
You can also use the feature – Flexible windows just below split screen for floating windows similar to what you’ve seen on desktop.
8) Check 4G/5G speeds in real time
Think you’re getting slow speeds on 4G or 5G mobile data? Realme 10 Pro+ can show you the real-time 4G or 5G speed in the status bar as well as the speed of your connected Wi-Fi network. This gives you an idea if you are really getting slow internet speeds from your service provider or if there is something in the background interfering with your data. You can also use this feature to see the speeds of downloads/uploads or streaming media in real time.
How to check 4G or 5G speed on realme 10 Pro+.
- Go to Settings -> Notifications and status bar -> Status bar and below Status bar icons section, press Network speed in real time to turn on the slider.
Now check the status bar and notice that the real-time speed indicator is working while browsing the web.
9) Put watermarks, date and time on photos
If you want to put the date and time stamp as well as a realme 10 Pro+ watermark on photos, you can do it in an easy way. You can get a watermark like Shot on realme 10 Pro+ or your own signature, date and time of the photo taken, as well as location information and so on.
- Step 1: Start Camera app and go to Camera settings in the top right corner using the three dots.
- Step 2: Press Watermarks and turn the slider to the right.
- Step 3: There are options to customize the watermark, insert your custom signature or add device model, change the font size and position of the signature, add location and date and time stamp.
10) See battery percentage in the status bar
One of the most common things on the phone we want is to check the battery percentage which by default is not available in the status bar, rather just an animated icon. Adding a percentage allows you to quickly check your battery to see if you’re running low on it. This quick setting allows you to put a percentage right next to the battery icon so you can easily check the remaining battery on your phone. realme 10 Pro+ has a battery icon with a percentage and you can customize it according to your needs.
- To see the battery percentage in the status bar, simply go to Settings -> Notifications and status bar -> Status bar -> Battery percentage and select the desired option.
You can now see the percentage inside the battery or outside the battery depending on the selected setting.
So, these are some of the best and best realme 10 Pro+ tips and tricks and features that we found in realme UI 4.0 based on Android 13. You can check out our full realme 10 Pro+ review. For more guides and tutorials like this, visit our How to make tutorials.
To get updates on the latest technology news, smartphones and gadgets, make sure you follow us on our social media profiles.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube