The characters of Cyberpunk 2077 is hard to forget. They do a lot of the heavy lifting in the story of Cyberpunk 2077. In the side jobs “Spellbound” and “Kold Mirage” Nix does his part. The jobs involve relics from the one-time elite hacker Rache Bartmoss. Nix is usually a serious man who is serious about serious things, but in “Kold Mirage” V gets to see a different side of him. He is interested, excited and then suddenly terrified during this mission. V also gets a visit from his cyberpunk godmother, Johnny Silverhand. And V gets the gun that shot him in the head. All in all, it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
|Cold Mirage (side job)|
|Find the fridge in the Badlands OR find Notice of expiry shards|
|Valuable exchange||Plan B (Legendary Power Gun)|
|Rewards||+512 XP | +1151 Street Cred|
|5 Quickhacks (3 Rare, 2 Epic)|
How to get Kold Mirage Side Job
To get this side job, players must complete the “Spellbound” job first. If they read Notice of expiry shard found during the “Many Ways to Skin a Cat” quest, “Kold Mirage” will start automatically. If not, players can go directly to the location in the Badlands where their fateful encounter with Dexter Deshawn and Takemura took place.
Cold Mirage Side Job Walkthrough
Follow these steps to complete the “Kold Mirage” side job:
- Go to the location indicated above to start the mission. It’s in the Badlands southeast of town.
- Take the time to check Dexter Deshawn’s body for a Power Pistol called Plan B. V can take solace in the fact that at least killing him wasn’t Dexter’s Plan A. Plan B is one of the iconic weapons in the game, and it has a fun effect that uses eddies instead of ammo.
- Head over to the nearby freezer and open it to make a chilling discovery…
- Regardless of the stench, open the freezer again. Scan Bartmoss’ body to find his Elysla. Johnny will mention that Nix would be the right person to bring this to.
- Pick up the cyber deck and close the freezer.
- Return to Afterlife to meet Nix.
- Show Nix Bartmoss’ Elysla. He is skeptical at first, but after checking out the deck for himself, he is filled with reverent enthusiasm.
- Nix then gives V a choice: should they try to hack Bartmoss’ Elysla or leave it alone?
- Choose to hack Bartmoss’ fabled cyber deck and Nix will ask V to put it down on the desk next to him.
- Choose to leave it alone and the mission will be paused. V can come back and ask Nix to hack it later.
- With V’s go-ahead, Nix tries to hack the deck and runs into a team of guards who outsmart him.
- To save Nix, V must do one of the following:
- Hack the terminal next to Nix’s chair. This will save Nix and preserve the contents of the cyber deck.
- Leave the power box near the door. The cyberdeck will be erased, but Nix will be saved.
- Nix wants to sit up and thank his lucky stars, he rewards V with a fist full of demons and calls it a day.
What to do next
Kold Mirage is not a prerequisite for anything so far, although that may change as the game progresses. However, it is nice to be friends with Nix. He will reappear later in a main quest called “For Whom the Bell Tolls”. In the meantime, track down the best quick hacks in the game or take on one of the other great side quests.
Cyberpunk 2077 is available for PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Things you didn’t know you could do in Cyberpunk 2077