- How to save a game in Sonic Frontiers
- How to import a save in Sonic Frontiers
Sonic Frontiers is a brand new, open game that shatters some of the preconceptions surrounding it Sonic titles. Players can zoom through the landscape as everyone’s favorite very fast hedgehogs, fight against machines, save their friends and try to figure out the mystery of this strange new world.
But to get started in this exciting new current gen Sonic game, players must first learn some basics. The most important of all these will be the ability to save their game, load an old save and know everything about Sonic Frontier‘s autosave and update features.
How to save a game in Sonic Frontiers
To save a Sonic Frontier game, the players must advance first. The game cannot be saved in the first few levels; players must get through the tutorial first. When players unlock the skill menu, the Save Data tab will also appear. Storage will not be available yet; players must first obtain the first Chaos Emerald. Until then, they’ll have to rely on autosave, which thankfully occurs fairly regularly. This is a strange choice too Sonic Frontiers which will hopefully change in the future Sonic game.
There are also some other storage limitations in this new 3D Sonic game. It cannot be saved:
- While in battle.
- During cutscenes.
- In the middle of a puzzle.
- During a minigame.
To open the menu and gain access Sonicits skill menu, options and save menu, press:
- Escape on PC
- Alternative on PS5
- Start on PS4
- Plus on Switch
- Xbox button on One or Series S/X
Then move between the menus using the bumper buttons.
How to import a save in Sonic Frontiers
Sonic Frontiers is one of the many games that are compatible from an older version of the game to a newer one. To bring in better graphics Sonic Frontier, players must move a save from a last-gen console to a new one. Here’s how to do it:
- To convert a save from an Xbox One to a Series S/X, be sure to upload your Xbox One save to the cloud or to an external drive. Sign in to the upgraded device and go to My Games & Apps > Full Library > Owned Games.
- To upgrade from the PS4 version to the PS5 version, log in and download the game. Then select “Carry Over From PS4” in the home menu to Sonic Frontiers.
Sonic Frontiers is available for PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch.
MORE: 20 years ago, Sonic Mega Collection changed expectations for compilation titles