Snapchat: How to unlock Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
Snapchat is all about lenses and their streak. As per Snapchat, there are nearly 2.5 million lenses created for the app by over 250,000 creators. That’s a lot of numbers, and chances are you might not have seen even 1% of the lenses inside the app. There are some of the best lenses and some you won’t like. One of the popular filters is the Butterfly lens. As with the name, it uses butterflies to give an enhanced effect to the images. Over time, there have been many butterfly lenses on Snapchat that have few adjustments. But to try it, you need to unlock it first. Let’s see how to unlock and use butterfly lenses on Snapchat.
Also read: Snapchat account locked? How to unlock Snapchat using different methods
What is Butterfly Lens on Snapchat?
The butterfly lens is one of the most popular camera filters to use on Snapchat. Once the filter is opened, you will find many butterflies flying around your face. The exact name of the filter is Paper Butterfly with the username jp pirie. All the butterflies are animated and they look great. Not just the face, but you can also make butterflies fly around the whole body.
Next, let’s see how to unlock the butterfly lens on Snapchat.
Also Read: Snapchat Streak Restore: How to Get Your Snapchat Streak Back After They Disappear
How to Unlock Butterfly Lens on Snapchat?
Get a Snapchat Lens Link
To get the butterfly lens via this method, you need a friend on Snapchat who has a butterfly lens saved in their profile. Follow the steps shown below to unlock the Snapchat butterfly lens.
- Launch the Snapchat app on a mobile phone.
- Open the inbox of the friend who has already used the butterfly lens.
- Tell your friend to go to the butterfly lens and select “Share”.
- The link will be copied to the clipboard, and ask them to send it back to you.
- Once received, simply click the link and the lens will automatically open in your Snapchat app.
Scan a Snapcode photo
A snap code is a QR code that varies from lens to lens. To unlock the butterfly lens by scanning the Snap code, follow the steps shown below.
- Open the Snapchat mobile app.
- Open the app’s camera and scan the image uploaded above. The image above is a QR code, also known as a snap code.
- Just place it in the camera frame and click a photo. Snapchat will automatically scan the photo and open the link.
Looking for lenses on Snapchat filters
Finally, if both of the above methods didn’t work for you, you can simply do a search and find the butterfly lens on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Open the app’s camera and click the Search icon at the top left.
- Now type “Butterfly lens” into the search bar and you’ll get tons of butterfly lens filters as results.
- Click Explore Lenses and use the butterfly lens you like.
Also Read: Snapchat Dark Mode: How to Enable on Snapchat Android and iOS App
Unlock the butterfly lens on Snapchat from your camera roll
This method is very similar to the Scanning a Snapcode Image method that we had seen above. All you have to do is open the camera roll in the app and scan the snap code of the lens. It will be added to your collection.
How do I open a lens link?
To unlock a lens link, just tap on it and a message will be shown to you with the option to unlock it for a specific period of time. Click on Unlock and you will be able to use that lens.
How many Butterflies lenses are there on Snapchat?
There are currently unknown but many butterfly lenses on Snapchat as the photo sharing app allows users to create their own filters. Because of this, many users have created multiple butterfly lenses.
Can I share the butterfly lens with friends?
Yes, you can share the butterfly lens by copying the link of the lens and sending it to your friends via the chat box. For more details, you can follow the steps shown in method number 1.
How do I remove the butterfly filter on Snapchat?
To remove the butterfly filter on Snapchat, open the butterfly lens on Snapchat and tap the ‘i’ button at the top left of the screen. A popup will appear with various menus. Just tap on Remove Lens option, then on remove and the lens will be removed from your app.
Thank you for reading to the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive technology content, like our Facebook page