Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip December 4 Security Update is now live | Full changelog
Samsung is working to distribute the latest updates to as many of its flagship smartphones as possible before 2022 comes to a close.
Fortunately for the tech giant’s users, Sam Mobile reports that the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4 are the latest Galaxy devices to receive the new security update.
The carrier-locked Galaxy Z Flip 4 has a recent software update with firmware version F721USQU1BVL9 available in the US. The update, which includes the December 2022 security patch, is available on Comcast and Xfinity Mobile networks. On the Comcast and Xfinity Mobile networks, the carrier-locked Galaxy Z Fold 4 is receiving the upgrade with software version F936USQU1BVL7.
How to download the December 2022 security update
Recently, a handful of Galaxy smartphones have already received the December 2022 Android security update from the company, along with the One UI 5 update for both international and US models.
Samsung users can check if their device is eligible to update through these steps, according to the Times of India:
- Your phone should usually display an update notification; if not, head over to the Settings app to check for the latest update.
- Scroll down and tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Make sure your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection and wait for the software update to finish.
Also read: Samsung unveils Wallet app for payments, passwords and more – what happened to paying?
Samsung’s security update for December
The December 2022 Android Security Update not only fixes the issues affecting all Android devices, but also includes changes to several apps.
For a list of the fixes added in the latest release, see the full changelog from XDA-Developers:
- Fix the issue that caused text input into certain fields in the Phone app to appear in a darker color
- Fix issues that occasionally cause playback errors when browsing video content in certain apps
- Fix issues that occasionally prevent text messages from being restored from cloud backups during device setup
- General background performance improvements in some Google apps
- General improvements to USB audio support for various cables or accessories
- General improvements to support different audio codecs with certain devices or accessories
- Battery charging
- Battery usage in Settings shows information since the last full charge (up to 7 days)
- Fix issues that occasionally cause the device to turn off while battery sharing is active
- Fix issues that occasionally cause higher battery usage during media playback with certain apps
- Fix occasional issues that prevent adaptive charging from working under certain conditions
- Fix occasional issues that prevent wireless charging from working with certain accessories
- General improvements to charging, battery usage or thermal performance under certain conditions
- Fix issues that occasionally cause audio to skip when played over certain Bluetooth devices or accessories
- Fix issues that occasionally lag when the fingerprint icon appears on the lock screen
- Fix the issue that occasionally prevents the fingerprint sensor from detecting touch while always-on display is active
- Fix the issue where fingerprint registration could occasionally display visual errors under certain conditions
- Improvements to face lock lock screen help text appear under certain conditions
- Fix issues that occasionally cause the Camera app to crash while zooming in or switching modes
- Fix the issue that occasionally causes the viewer preview to show a blank screen
- Fix the issue where the video recorded while switching between camera modes would occasionally show gaps in the playback
- General improvements to camera stability and performance under certain conditions
- Screen and graphics
- Fix the issue that occasionally causes the screen to flicker when waking from the always-on display
- Fix issues that occasionally cause visual artifacts or errors while using certain apps or games
- General improvements to system stability and performance under certain conditions
- General improvements to optimize device thermal performance under certain conditions or use cases
- General improvements to touch response and performance under certain conditions
- Fix occasional issues that prevent the hotspot from turning on under certain conditions
- General improvements to Wi-Fi network connection stability and performance under certain conditions
Related article: =ATTN: Samsung’s Sam Virtual Assistant a hoax? Here’s why Lightfarm creates its 3D look
ⓒ 2022 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.