Prince Harry should stand trial after ‘proudly’ admitting to killing 25, Afghans say | Royal | News

Prince Harry should stand trial after ‘proudly’ admitting to killing 25, Afghans say |  Royal |  News

There are now fears that the Taliban may target the Invictus Games as the Afghans demand Prince Harry go on trial after he admitted killing 25 Taliban insurgents during his second tour in Afghanistan. Mullah Abdullah, whose father was killed in an airstrike at a market in the village of Yakhchal, called on the international community to prosecute the Duke of Sussex.

Abdullah, who said he lost nine relatives in the attack in Afghanistan’s Nahr-E-Saraj district, said: “We are asking the international community to put this person [Prince Harry] on trial, and we should be compensated for our losses.”

Speaking at his father’s grave, he added: “We lost our house, our life and family members. We lost our livelihood and also lost our loved ones.”

In his memoirs, Harry wrote that flying six missions during his second frontline tour of duty in 2012 to 2013 resulted in the “taking of human life” of which he was neither proud nor ashamed.

Harry said that he didn’t think of those he had killed as ‘people’ but instead as ‘chess pieces’ that had been taken off the board.

Admiral Lord West, a former head of the Royal Navy, called Harry “very stupid” for giving details of his Taliban killings.

He told the Sunday Mirror: “The Taliban will read (Harry’s claims about killing fighters and) think there is a prince who calls us all pawns and is quite happy to kill us.

“And there will be many people, I’m sure, in the Islamic State and other terrorist organizations, who will believe that this is something that should be avenged.”

See also  The best video games of 2022

Harry’s revelation has also sparked protests in Afghanistan with around 20 students staging a protest at a university in Helmand province where the Duke was stationed.

One protester said: “We condemn [Harry’s] action that is contrary to all norms of humanity.”

Some carried posters showing a portrait of Harry with a red cross on it.

Sayed Ahmad Sayed, a lecturer at the university, condemned Harry for his role in British military operations in Afghanistan.

He said: “The atrocities that have been committed by Prince Harry, his friends or by anyone else in Helmand or anywhere in Afghanistan are unacceptable, horrific. These acts will be remembered by history.”

Tory MP Tobias Ellwood suggested Harry’s admission could create security risks at the Invictus Games.

Mr Ellwood, who chairs the Commons Defense Committee, described the revelation in Harry’s memoirs as poorly orchestrated.

He told Sky News he was concerned there would be security implications.

At the Invictus Games, he said: “I am now concerned that something that has been so important for veterans to help rehabilitation will now suffer because there could be security implications of him taking part in it.”

Replacement parts are available to buy from all booksellers and audiobook suppliers from 10 January.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *