Overwatch 2 has just welcomed its second season, bringing many general updates, Ramatra as a new hero, bug fixes, changes to existing heroes and competitive play, a brand new battle pass and more to the popular hero shooting experience.
Despite so many influential changes in Season 2, Ramattra’s introduction to the game’s hero roster has undoubtedly stolen most of the attention. With the omni tempo tank hero as a major highlight, the developers have added some dedicated Twitch drops to further delight fans.
One can easily earn these items for free by watching their favorite Twitch creators stream. This article is a detailed guide for those looking to pick up all the free Twitch drops available as part of Overwatch 2’s second season.
Everything you need to know about Overwatch 2 Twitch drops in Season 2
Ramattra is a long-awaited tank hero that was added to Overwatch 2’s roster on December 6 via the Season 2 update. He can be unlocked for free through the Season 2 Battle Pass; players must grind to level 45 to unlock him. One can also unlock him instantly by purchasing the premium battle pass.
All Overwatch 2 players can pick up two cosmetic items related to Ramatra via Twitch starting December 6th. You can pick up the following Twitch drops as part of Season 2:
- Ramatra Restrained Spray
- Traveling Monk Legendary Ramatra Skin
As Overwatch 2’s first tempo tank, Ramattra can switch between forms – Omnic and Nemesis – depending on what his allies need. The Traveling Monk Legendary Skin also has an Omnic and a Nemesis form.
How to get Overwatch 2 Season 2 Twitch drops?
To grab the aforementioned Twitch drops, follow these steps:
- Check out the Overwatch 2 category on Twitch.
- Select a streamer who has drops enabled on their channel.
- Watch a drops-enabled creator stream for two hours to get Ramattra Restrained Spray.
- Claim your earned item [spray] on twitch.tv/drops.
- Keep watching for four more hours to earn the Traveling Monk Legendary Ramatra skin.
- Claim your earned item [skin] on twitch.tv/drops.
You can claim the drop via the channel you’re watching, or Twitch’s Drops Inventory menu. Claimed drops will expire after seven days if a Battle.net account is not linked.
A few things to keep in mind
Ensure the following:
- While it is possible to earn Season 2’s Twitch drops without having Ramattra unlocked, they must unlock the character to use the earned cosmetics in-game.
- The cooldown for the legendary skin only begins after you complete the spray’s requirements. Be sure to claim the Restrained Spray and only then will Twitch start recording your viewing time for the Traveling Monk Legendary Ramattra Skin.
- You can switch between multiple drop-enabled streamers to complete your viewing time.
- Eligible regions for the Twitch drops include North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- You can earn the aforementioned drops via the Twitch website on a PC/Mac browser or the Twitch app for Android or iOS. Twitch apps on consoles and smart TVs are not eligible for drops.
Players can earn the aforementioned Ramattra-based Twitch drops December 20. Be sure to complete the watch time and earn the exciting free cosmetic items before time runs out.