iOS 15.4 update lets you unlock iPhone Face ID while wearing a mask
iOS 15.4 is out now and adds new features to Face ID, Siri and more.
Apple is constantly delivering new updates to iOS as it looks to perfect the user experience on iPhones and iPads. iOS 15.4 is the latest iteration of the operating system and delivers updates to the various features and services available on Apple devices. Most notably, iOS 15.4 adds the ability for users to unlock iPhone Face ID while wearing a mask.
Update Notes for iOS 15.4
These are the full notes for the iOS 15.4 update, which are listed in the Settings app on compatible devices. To flash the new update, open Settings and go to General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Face ID while wearing a mask option on iPhone 12 and later
- Apple Pay and password autofill in apps and Safari can be used with Face ID while wearing a mask
- New emoji including faces, hand gestures and household objects are now available on the emoji keyboard
- Handshake emoji lets you choose separate skin tones for each hand
- SharePlay sessions can be started directly from supported apps
- Siri can provide information about the time and date while you are offline on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 or later
- Siri now includes an additional voice that expands the variety of options
- Support for the EU digital COVID Certificate in Health enables you to download and store verifiable versions of your COVID-19 vaccination, lab results and recovery records
- COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certificate format
This release also includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
- Safari Web Page Translation adds support for Italian and Chinese (Traditional)
- The Podcast app adds episode filters for seasons, played, unplayed, saved, or downloaded episodes
- iCloud custom email domains can be managed from Settings
- News offers improved discovery of audio content in the Today feed and Audio tab
- The camera in the keyboard can be used to add text to notes and reminders
- Shortcuts now supports adding, removing, or querying tags with reminders
- Emergency SOS settings have been changed to use Call with Hold for all users. 5-press call is still available as an option in the Emergency SOS settings
- Close-up in Magnifier uses the ultra-wide camera on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max to help you see small objects
- Saved passwords can now include your own notes in Settings
This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
- Keyboards can insert periods between entered numbers
- News widgets in Today View may not open articles when tapped
- Photos and videos cannot be synced with iCloud Photo Library
- The Speak Screen Accessibility feature may end unexpectedly in the Books app
- The Live List may not be turned off when turned off in the Control Center
That’s all there is in the iOS 15.4 patch notes. For more about Apple and the company’s service package. Shacknews is your place.