How to watch Stars vs. Blackhawks: Live Stream, Game Time, TV Channel
What you need to know about Thursday’s game between the Dallas Stars and the Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center.
Game 62: Dallas Stars (32-16-13, 77 points) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (21-34-5, 47 points)
When: Thursday 2 March at 7:30 PM CT (1930)
Where: United Center – Chicago, IL
Television: Bally Sports Southwest (Josh Bogorad, Daryl “Razor” Reaugh, Lauren Callender, Brien Rea, Brent Severyn, Michelle McMahon)
Radio: The Ticket 96.7-FM, 1310-AM (Josh Bogorad, Daryl “Razor” Reaugh, Owen Newkirk, Bruce LeVine)
Live Stats: NHL Game Center
Best attraction in town
- The Stars face the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night at the United Center for the third of four games between the teams this season. The Stars return to Chicago to close out the season series on March 28.
- The Stars have won five of their last six games (5-1-0) against Chicago, including wins in their last three games at the United Center (3-0-0).
- The Stars have posted a 1-1-0 record through two games against the Blackhawks this season. They have gone 2-for-5 (40.0%) on the power play and 3-for-4 (75.0%) on the penalty kill. Captain Jamie Benn leads the Stars by four points (2-2–4) against the Blackhawks this season, and going forward Jason Robertson leader with three goals (3-0–3). Forward Tyler Seguin (1-1–2) and defender Jani Hakanpää (0-2–2) have each recorded two points, while goalkeeper Jake Oettinger has posted a 4.08 goals against average and a .852 save percentage in two starts.
- Robertson has goals (5-0–5) in three straight games against Chicago, contributing a total of 15 points (9-6–15) in 13 career games against them.
- Benn has six points (3-3–6) in his last three games against Chicago.
- Forward Roope Hintz has 11 points (2-9–11) in his last six games against Chicago, including three games with three or more points.
- Forward Joe Pavelski has three points (2-1–3) in his last three away games against Chicago. Pavelski leads current Stars skaters with 23 goals against Chicago, contributing a total of 47 points (23-24–47) in 56 games against them.
- Oettinger has made nine career appearances against Chicago, posting a 5-2-2 record with a 2.75 goals-against average and a .905 save percentage.
- Goalkeeper Scott Wedgewood has posted a 0-2-0 record with a 2.57 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage.
Wow The Crowd
- Rookie defenseman Nils Lundkvist lit the lamp (1-0–1) Monday night vs Vancouver. He now leads all rookies with six goals for the season.
- Lundkvist ranks sixth in points (6-10–16) and eighth in assists (10) among rookies. He also shares the lead in game-winning goals scored by a rookie defenseman (2) and is one of five NHL rookies to score an overtime goal this season.
- The 22-year-old shares second place in both goals and points among Stars defences.
- He has averaged 16:57 minutes of ice time through 53 games this season and has logged 57 blocked shots and 45 hits.
Can’t do it alone
- Forward Evgenii Dadonov lit the lamp (1-0–1) Monday night against Vancouver, earning his first goal in a Stars jersey. He became the oldest player (33 years, 352 days) to score in his Stars debut since Jaromir Jagr (40 years, 339 days) on January 19, 2013.
- The Stars acquired Dadonov from the Montreal Canadiens on Sunday in exchange for forward Denis Gurianov.
- Dadonov appeared in 50 games for Montreal this season, recording 18 points (4-14–18). He ranked sixth on the Canadiens in assists (14) and tied for seventh in points (18).
- The 33-year-old has played for four teams (Florida, Ottawa, Vegas and Montreal) over nine NHL seasons. He has amassed 283 points (128-155–283) in 463 games, including 31 power-play goals and 19 game-winning goals.
- Dadonov made his first trip to the Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2020, appearing in four games and recording one assist (0-1–1).
- The native of Chelyabinsk, Russia was originally selected by Florida in the third round (71st overall) of the 2007 NHL Draft.
See also March Madness 2023: Women's NCAA Tournament schedule, first four, bracket, how to watch and stream
This story was not subject to endorsement by the National Hockey League or the Dallas Stars Hockey Club.