The Illinois Fighting Illini (20-11, 11-9 Big Ten) and the Penn State Nittany Lions (19-12, 10-10 Big Ten) meet in the Big Ten Tournament on Thursday at the United Center. Tune in at 3:30pm on the Big Ten Network.
To prepare for this matchup, here’s everything you need to prepare for Thursday’s college hoops action.
Buy Nittany Lions Tickets
NCAA Basketball odds courtesy of Tipico Sportsbook. Odds updated Tuesday at 11:38 a.m. ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, visit the USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
Illinois vs. Penn State: How to watch on TV or live
- Game day: Thursday 9 March 2023
- Playing time: 15:30
- Placement: Chicago, Illinois
- Arena: United Center
- TV channel: Big Ten Network
- Live streaming: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Illinois vs. Penn State statistics and trends
- Offensively, Penn State is the 166th ranked team in college basketball (72.4 points per game). Defensively, it’s 123rd (68.2 points allowed per game).
- On the glass, the Nittany Lions are 295th in the nation in rebounding (29.6 per game). They are 281st in rebounds (32.6 per game).
- With 14.3 assists per game, Penn State is 93rd in the country.
- In 2022-23, the Nittany Lions are third-best in the country in forced turnovers (8.3 per game), but -3-worst in forced turnovers (8.5).
- Penn State is the second-best squad in college basketball in 3-pointers (10.8 per game) and eighth-best in 3-point percentage (38.9%).
- The Nittany Lions are making 7.6 3-pointers per game and shooting 34.6% from beyond the arc, ranking 228th and 234th, respectively, in college basketball.
- In 2022-23, Penn State has taken 48.2% percent of its shots from behind the 3-point line, and 51.8% percent from inside. In terms of shots made, 40.2% of Penn State’s baskets have been 3-pointers, and 59.8% have been 2-pointers.
Get the thrill and play with Tipico!
Double Down, Ohio! Deposit $200, get $250. Play now! In Colorado and New Jersey, claim your 100% deposit match up to $250 now! 21+, see Tipico.com for terms and conditions.
Follow the latest sports coverage on College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from sports betting operators for audience referrals to gaming services. Sports betting operators have no influence over or any such revenue is in any way dependent on or connected to the newsrooms or news coverage. See operator page for terms and conditions. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call the National Council on Gambling 24/7 at 1-800-GAMBLER. Must be 21 or older to play.