How to reset Samsung Galaxy S20 FE – Phandroid
In an ideal world, our devices should continue to work without problems, but this is never the case. There can be a myriad of reasons why our phones start acting up. It could be due to a buggy app, buggy software, hardware issues, malware and so on.
So, if you happen to find that your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is behaving in ways that it shouldn’t, one of the ways to fix this problem is to boot it into safe mode. If that still doesn’t fix the problem, it might be time to consider resetting your phone.
This is usually a method of last resort, but if you have no choice, or maybe you just want to reset your phone before you send it in for repair or give it away or sell it to someone else, then check out the guide below where we’ll show you a couple of different methods you can use to reset your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
Before you begin
If you ever find yourself in a position where you need to factory reset your phone, it’s always a good idea to back up all your data and content first. This is because a factory reset basically erases all the data stored on your phone.
This includes photos, messages, contacts, saved passwords, saved system settings, apps and more. It basically returns the phone back to its original factory settings. This is a good way to potentially eliminate any issues with the Galaxy S20 FE, but it also means you’ll lose all your data in the process, so make sure your device is backed up before proceeding.
Factory Reset Galaxy S20 FE (Easy)
Assuming your device’s screen isn’t damaged and you still have access to your phone and software, the steps below will show you a quick and easy way to reset your Galaxy S20 FE.
- Unlock Galaxy S20 FE
- Go to the Settings app on your phone
- Tap on “General Management”
- Scroll down and tap “Reset”
- Tap on “Factory data reset”
- Press the blue “Reset” button
- Tap the blue “Delete All” button to confirm
- Give it a few minutes and your phone should now be completely wiped and reset to its original factory settings
Factory Reset Galaxy S20 FE (Hard)
In case your phone won’t boot up completely and you need to perform a reset, don’t worry because you can actually do it through the Android Recovery screen. It’s a bit more complicated than the steps above, but it’s still relatively easy, so just follow the steps below to complete the Galaxy S20 FE reset.
- Turn off the phone completely
- Connect the Galaxy S20 FE to your computer
- Press and hold the power button and the volume up button at the same time
- After a moment, you should see the recovery screen on your Galaxy S20 FE
- Release the buttons
- Press the Volume Down button until “Wipe data/factory reset” is highlighted
- Press the power button to confirm
- Press the Volume Down button to select “Factory data reset” and press the Power button to confirm
- Your phone will now be factory reset and this process may take a few minutes
- Once the reset is complete, the Android recovery screen will appear
- Make sure “Reboot system now” is selected and press the power button to confirm
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.