The iPhone 14 was just released, which means that the second-hand market is full of older iPhone models, much like what happens after every new Apple release.
Well, if you end up buying one of these iPhones and find that it’s stuck in iCloud Activation Lock, you’ll have to figure out a way to use the phone. Fortunately, there are ways to remove Activation Lock without the help of the previous owner.
How to remove iCloud activation lock without the previous owner
Removing iCloud Activation Lock so you can start using your new (to you) phone isn’t the easiest thing to do, but luckily it’s possible.
Using DNS Bypass
This method can help you gain control of your new phone in just a few minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn on your iPhone and select your language and country from the menu.
- Press Continue and go to the Wi-Fi settings page. You will find one I in a circle near the Wi-Fi tab, then click it.
- Enter a DNS server IP address to bypass the iCloud activation lock. You have to choose one based on your location: USA: 126.96.36.199 Europe: 188.8.131.52 Asia: 184.108.40.206 Australia and Oceania: 220.127.116.11 South America: 18.104.22.168 Other areas: 22.214.171.124
- Go back to the previous screen, turn on Wi-Fi and select your network. Enter your password.
- Do not click the Next Page option. Press instead Back to return to the iCloud Bypass screen.
- Scroll all the way down to the menu and set up your apps and everything else you need on your iPhone.
This method only works with devices running iOS 8 to 10. Also, not everyone everywhere in the world can use this method. Alternatively, you can use AnyUnlock for a more streamlined experience.
Using AnyUnlock – iPhone Password Unlocker
Unlike the previous method, this one is much more user-friendly. While less tech-savvy users may have trouble with the first method, AnyUnlock shouldn’t cause any problems. In addition, this iCloud Activation Lock Bypass tool has a high success rate guaranteed, so you won’t struggle to figure out how to unlock your new phone.
Here’s what you need to do to get this working:
- Get AnyUnlock for your Windows or Mac computer. Install the tool and check out all the options.
- Next, you need to connect your iPhone and connect it to the computer.
- Select Bypass iCloud Activation Lock from the grid.
- click on Start now to start the unlocking process.
- Finished! Any traces of the previous owner have been removed.
The whole process feels like it takes a moment, which is much easier than any other DIY solution you can use. In addition, it is much faster than contacting Apple support, contacting the seller again, and so on.
We must mention that AnyUnlock is a complete iOS unlocking toolkit and it works to solve so many other problems. For example, it can unlock the screen password, Apple ID and bypass the management of mobile devices.
The tool can also remove SIM lock, iTunes backup encryption, and you can even unlock your phone without a screen time password.
Easy way to unlock your new iPhone
Unlocking your new iPhone can be a job that takes a few minutes if you use the right tools like the iCloud Activation Lock Bypass tool we’ve shown you here, resulting in fewer headaches.