Animal Crossing New Horizons has lots of things to find and activities to complete. These in-game items can be scattered throughout the game world, and a few of them are quite difficult for the player to obtain.
This scarcity can be addressed to some extent by venturing out into the Treasure Islands, which host many rare resources that players can grab at their leisure, effectively bypassing all the grind normally required to obtain them in said object. Treasure Islands are custom islands hosted by other players or a community, usually via an in-game mod involving a hacked Nintendo Switch.
This guide will detail how players can access Treasure Islands.
Note: A Nintendo Switch online membership and the specific Dodo code for the selected island are required as a prerequisite before attempting the rest of this guide.
Access a Treasure Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Entering a treasure island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is relatively easy.
Players must go to Dodo’s Airlines, interact with Orville and select the option to play online. Then, players must select the “Search via Dodo Code” option that appears in the menu, enter the Dodo Code of the island they wish to visit, and confirm their choice to travel to said island.
Codes for these islands are usually hosted by most major Twitch streamers by searching for the keyword treasure island. Choose an island at your leisure (preferably one that is not limited to visitors) and grab all the necessary items.
Some points to remember when visiting a treasure island
Since these are public islands, players must keep the following guidelines in mind when visiting a treasure island:
- Any unwanted items should be disposed of using the bins instead of the pocket menu.
- Patience is the key to joining a treasure island. As these islands attract many visitors, expect long waits.
- Do not keep the Pocket Menu or Nook Phone open for extended periods as it will prevent the other players from leaving or entering.
- Go via the airport when you’re done. Using the (-) button to exit will kick everyone off the island instead.
- While most islands are generous enough to offer their services for free, some islands may charge a fee through various third-party sites.
- Always make sure to do your own research on the nature of these islands to avoid being potentially scammed.
- As always, maintain proper etiquette and be civil in online interactions.
Can this get me banned?
While players can rest easy knowing that the chances of a ban are relatively low when using Treasure Islands in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the truth is that we don’t really know at the time of writing this article. Nintendo has yet to officially make any statements regarding the use of these services.
All players can really do is be vigilant and avoid shadowy islands during their stay there.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons was released exclusively for Nintendo Switch on March 20, 2020.