GRIME comes to PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One and Switch along with free DLC ‘Colors of Rot’
Publisher Akupara Games and developer Clover Bite will publish DIRT for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch along with the free downloadable content expansion “Colors of Rot,” the companies announced. A release date was not announced.
DIRT first launching for PC via Steam, Epic Games Store and GOG, as well as Stadia on August 2, 2021. The Switch version was previously announced for a summer 2022 release window, but the PlayStation and Xbox versions are new announcements.
Here’s an overview of the expansion and the game, via Akupara Games:
DIRT has entrenched itself in the Metroidvania gaming scene with its anatomical horror, soul-like leveling progression and innovative parry system. All this and more allowed developer Clover Bite the opportunity to bring the next addition to DIRT with “Colors of Rot”. “Colors of Rot” brings new abilities, new weapons, new enemies and a whole new area for players to explore and uncover called Childbed. Use these new hybrid weapons and ranged abilities to take down the monstrosities found in this new expansion of DIRT!
- Striking surrealism – Uncover mysterious secrets in weeping caves and face-covered deserts. Encounter otherworldly characters in distinct civilizations across an organic, interconnected world – all rendered in unearthly 3D. Face enemies born of the world itself, and swallow them whole.
- Fight to the death – Punish enemies by parrying their attacks, smashing them from the ground or even mid-air, and absorbing them to increase your strength as you wage war against a living world.
- Living weapon – Seamlessly switch weapons made from living creatures that mutate form during battle, from jaw axes to centipede whips.
- Unique skill progression – Hunt and absorb challenging monsters to improve your skills and truly adapt to your playstyle.
- Challenge Astonishing Bosses – Defeat creatures dozens of times your size. Adapt to their strategies, resist their attacks, and use them to gain game-changing abilities that affect both combat and traversal.
- Colors of rot – Discover new abilities, new weapons, and new enemies who are fighting to get a piece of you. Explore the Childbed and discover the horrifying mysteries that lie within.
IN DIRT, you control a nameless embodiment of destruction and hack your way through an aberrant landscape where stone-shaped monsters rule. Armed with various “living weapons” and a black hole head, you consume the essence of the fallen to strengthen your vessel and unlock powerful upgrades.
Watch a new trailer below. See a new set of screenshots in the gallery.