Delete These 17 Apps NOW – Millions of Android Users Warned of ‘Virus Attack’
OVER a dozen dangerous apps have been uncovered in the Google Play Store.
These “hacked” apps appear as real tools – but secretly infect your Android device.
The apps offer useful features such as new emoji, wallpapers and photo filters.
But they’re actually adware: apps designed to flood your phone with ads.
This generates quick money for crooks.
And it also slows down the handset, drains battery life and generally makes the phone much worse.
Worryingly, cyber experts at Bitdefender say the rogue apps have been installed over 2 million times.
What makes them particularly ugly is that the apps hide on your device.
They will replace their icon with a gear and then rename settings to avoid being deleted by the user.
And if the app is launched, it will completely shrink and hide – before loading the real Settings app.
This tricks the user into thinking they have launched the real Settings app.
The apps won’t even appear in the Recents list, making them difficult to track down.
You have to navigate into your entire app list and delete them manually.
Here is the list of rogue apps:
- Walls light – Wallpapers Pack (gb.packlivewalls.fournatewren)
- Big Emoji – Keyboard 5.0 (gb.blindthirty.funkeyfour)
- Grand Wallpapers – 3D Backdrops 2.0 (gb.convenientsoftfiftyreal.threeborder)
- Engine Wallpapers (gb.helectronsoftforty.comlivefour)
- Wallpapers (gb.fiftysubstantiated.wallsfour)
- EffectMania – Photo Editor 2.0 (gb.actualfifty.sevenelegantvideo)
- Art Filter – Deep Photoeffect 2.0 (gb.crediblefifty.editconvincingeight)
- Fixed Emoji Keyboard APK (de.eightylamocenko.editioneights)
- Make Sticker for Whatsapp 2.0 (gb.convincingmomentumeightyverified.realgamequicksix)
- Math Solver – Camera Helper 2.0 (gb.labcamerathirty.mathcamera)
- Photopix Effects – Art Filter 2.0 (gb.mega.sixtyeffectcameravideo)
- Led Theme – Colorful Keyboard 2.0 (gb.theme.twentythreetheme)
- Animated Sticker Master 1.0 (am.asm.master)
- Sleep Sounds 1.0 (com.voice.sleep.sounds)
- Personality Charging Show 1.0 (com.charging.show)
- Image Warp Camera
- GPS Location Finder (smart.ggps.lockact)
Several of these apps are still available for download in the Google Play Store.
But even if they have been removed from the official app store, they may still lurk on your device.
If you recognize any of these app names, you should try to delete them as soon as possible.
Best Phone and Gadget Tips and Hacks
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find the secret features of social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get all the latest stories about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
We pay for your stories! Got a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]