Can I use the same WhatsApp account on 2 phones?
Previously, users could only connect their WhatsApp account to their desktop in addition to their smartphone. However, WhatsApp has now come up with a ‘follow mode’ feature that allows users to access the same account from multiple devices. With the introduction of the new feature, users will be able to use the same WhatsApp account on four devices simultaneously. However, the feature’s beta version will currently only be available to a select group of Android users.
When users install WhatsApp on a new phone, they will be given the option to link their account to another device via a QR code. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of the window to access the option.
- How do I connect WhatsApp to two phones?
- Install and register for the latest WhatsApp beta on both devices
- Log in and select the menu with three dots in the upper right corner of the app
- In follow mode, select the “Connect to a device” option to generate a QR code
- Go to linked devices in WhatsApp on your secondary device
- Scan the QR code displayed on the main unit
- Once the chats are synced, your WhatsApp account will be linked to both devices
- What is companion mode in WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is rolling out a feature called ‘follow mode’, which allows users to use the same WhatsApp account on up to four devices simultaneously. As of 188.8.131.52, the beta version of this feature is only available to a limited number of users.
- How can I see which devices are connected to WhatsApp?
- Open WhatsApp on your phone
- At the top right, tap the menu button with three dots, then tap “Connected devices”
- The devices associated with your WhatsApp account are displayed
- Disconnect a device by tapping its name
- Can WhatsApp be hacked by anyone?
Several third-party apps can easily hack your WhatsApp account and steal your personal information.
- Can police recover deleted WhatsApp messages?
WhatsApp does not retain data for law enforcement purposes unless it has received a valid retention request before a user deletes the content from the service. WhatsApp does not store messages or call logs for such delivered messages in the normal course of providing the service.
- What happens to WhatsApp when I remove my SIM card?
Removing the SIM card from your phone will not affect the existing WhatsApp account on your phone. You can use WhatsApp even if your phone does not have a SIM card, as long as you have a working Wi-Fi connection.