Wednesday 16 November, [LONDON, United Kingdom] – Independent video game publisher Numskull Games’ is pleased to announce that in addition to its worldwide digital and European physical release this week (Friday 18 November), Battle Ax – Special Edition for PlayStation ® 5 will also get a physical release in the US and Canada in December. (Currently available for pre-order via Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart and more.)
For press enquiries, please contact: [email protected]
Follow Numskull Games on: Twitter, TikTok, YouTube.
Battle axe embarks on a PS5™ adventure with a brand new special physical edition. Experience the game on PS5 for the first time, with challenging arcade hack n’ slash gameplay from Bitmap Bureau (XenoCrisis, Final Vendetta) and jaw-dropping pixel art by industry legend Henk Nieborg.
- PS5 EXCLUSIVE™ SPECIAL EDITION: Includes the base game, soundtrack CD by Manami Matsumae, and an exclusive game cover featuring the game’s main villain Etheldred.
- UPDATES: Hot off the heels of the release of Final Vendetta. Bitmap Bureau has been able to revisit the game to deliver a number of quality of life improvements including:
- New Casual Difficulty mode (with unlimited continue.)
- New Strafing mechanic. Move while using your ranged ability!
- Improved CRT shader.
- Other games re-balance.
- These updates will also come to previous versions of the game in future patches.
- The physical release of Battle Ax – Special Edition will be available for PlayStation ® 5 priced at £39.99 / €49.99 / $44.95 RSP.
About Numskull Games
Since 2019, Numskull Games has quickly established itself as a publishing force with a global physical and digital proposition. Numskull Games launches and curates games from both new and veteran development studios as well as international game publishers, publishing titles across all major gaming platforms. In addition, using the infrastructure and resources of sister companies Rubber Road / Numskull Designs, Numskull Games creates unique and compelling Collectors’ Editions for its elite releases.