Are casino apps as fun as video games?
New generations of adults are not as fond of traditional casino games such as roulette or poker as the older generations. Instead, they seem to enjoy more skill-based or arcade-like games that allow them to gamble.
The online gambling industry has quickly discovered that the young adults who are currently in their forties have extensive experience with video games from childhood and still enjoy playing those types of games for money, much more than old fashioned roulette, blackjack or poker.
That’s why if you most mobile casino apps include games that are just as fun as traditional video games.
In fact, many believe that the distinction between gambling and gambling is blurring these days, considering that almost everyone mobile casino app has skill-based games in its library that are quite similar to video games, but where you can bet and eventually win real money while playing.
Gambling and gaming
If you think about it, gambling and games have a lot in common, since in both cases we are talking about an entertainment that involves playing a game based on skill, strategy and luck.
Nevertheless, for some time there was a difference between gambling and gambling based on the fact that gambling involves betting and ultimately winning money. In addition, many people believe that the main game involves skill, while games are only about chance.
However, things are not so clear today. Gambling and games are merging, as games currently include gambling features and vice versa.
For example, it is quite common these days to find skill-based or arcade-style games on online casino websites or applications. These games give players the opportunity to have as much fun as they have while playing a video game, but with money involved. Furthermore, many video games offer their players to unlock game features by playing for them and betting during a video game.
Thanks to online casinos, gambling has become more accessible. Anyone with a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet connected to the internet, can access thousands of games without even leaving the house.
Moreover, since gambling takes so many features from games, it has become a very attractive activity that provides countless hours of entertainment. Although there is no evidence at all to support that the conflation of games with gambling contributes to some type of pathological gambling, the fact that gambling has become so similar to video games can sometimes be confusing. Some countries are actually debating creating a new legal framework to recognize the changes in the industry.
In this scenario, the best approach is to provide information so that gamblers can enjoy their games and avoid problems.
Therefore, below we share some basic information from the Responsible Gambling Organization website to help players learn about expected behavior while playing, to enjoy their time and forget about all other problems related to gambling.
- Avoid gambling if you feel angry or stressed
- Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking cannabis while playing
- Do some research on games before you deposit money on them
- Before you start, define your budget and stick to it
- The money you invest in gambling must be money you can afford to lose
- Also define how much time you want to spend gambling
- Never try to win back
- Balance gambling with other leisure activities
In addition, there are some concrete suggestions for gambling and games
- Define how many times you want to spend playing video games and balance your day with other activities.
- Set an alarm clock to know when to stop playing
- Make sure that gaming does not interfere with other important activities in your life, such as sharing with loved ones, studying, practicing sports, working, reading, among other types of activities.
- Avoid spending too much time sitting in front of the screen. To do that, take regular breaks to stretch your legs and back, walk and enjoy some fresh air.
- Avoid playing games before bed, as it can interfere with the relaxation needed to get a proper rest.
Stick to these tips and enjoy online gaming and gambling.