All confirmed GTA 6 game details
GTA 6 has not been talked about much by Rockstar Games themselves. But thanks to major leaks, we already know quite a bit about the game. Here are all the gameplay details we know about GTA 6.
While GTA 6 release is still some time away, the rumor mill has circled tirelessly about the highly anticipated next Grand Theft Auto title. Developer Rockstar Games has been as quiet as Krasinski about this game, so we don’t have any official information about it yet. But… we still know quite a bit about the title, thanks to the historic GTA 6 leaks, where after Rockstar was hacked.
Here’s everything we know about the gameplay in GTA 6 right now. We will keep this article updated as soon as we find out more.
GTA 6: Leaker Suggests Reveal Coming Soon
GTA 6: Everything we know about the gameplay
In the leaks, we saw early pre-alpha footage of GTA 6, which showcased several different gameplay scenarios. In these videos we saw a bunch of cool features that will be new in GTA 6.
Check out Lootboy to win cool prizes!
Inspiration from RDR 2
It appears that several features that were unique to Rockstar’s previous game, Red Dead Redemption 2, will be coming to GTA 6:
- The dialogue system from RDR 2 will also be in GTA 6. In the footage, you saw the main characters talking to NPCs, using the familiar prompts “Greetings”, “True” and “Rob”.
- Your character now has rifles on his back, suggesting an RDR-like system, where you can only carry a limited number of weapons with you. You can also pick up and drop weapons.
- This also goes hand in hand with a new weapon wheel, similar to Red Dead and featuring consumables as well as equippable weapons.
- References to horse riding have also been found. We haven’t seen this in action yet, but it looks like you can mount a horse in GTA 6.
- NPCs can now be tied up. You obviously won’t be using a lasso, but rather a tie.
- References to possible RPG elements have also appeared, such as hunger, leveling, and animal taming.
GTA 6 leaks: How big will the map be?
Heist in Vice City
In GTA 6, you will play as two characters, who appear to be named Lucia and Jason (at least in the pre-alpha footage, the names can be changed). They’re supposed to be a Bonnie & Clyde-like couple, pulling off one heist after another in Vice City, GTA’s fictional version of Miami. We were able to extract some interesting details from the footage about the robberies and their surroundings:
- Ransom seems to be a central part of the game. The big story robbery is supposedly included again, in the leaked footage we saw a small-scale robbery at a restaurant.
- Even these smaller heists are full of detail (like more realistic civilian and police reactions) and already feel very dynamic.
- Interacting with NPCs and tying them up seems to be a big part of the heists.
- It looks like you’ll be able to rob shipping containers.
If you want to know what else we know about GTA 6 outside of gameplay details, check out this video:
Rockstar level of detail
As with all Rockstar games, GTA 6 will have a ridiculous level of detail. Some of it is already visible in the leaked material:
- There are tons of references to detailed interiors, such as motels, subway stations, restaurants, and more. In the footage, we also saw a scene in a club, as well as a fast food restaurant that was robbed.
- Realistic clothing physics will be in the game.
- The interiors of cars are even more detailed than they were in GTA 5 and also allow players to move around in them.
- Several videos showed damage modeling of cars and other vehicles, which appear to be much more detailed than in previous games.
This is all we know for now about the gameplay features of GTA 6. If you want to know more about other details of the game, like the story and characters, check out this article here.
$2 million: The most expensive video games ever sold
See the gallery
This article contains affiliate links marked with [shopping symbol]. These links may earn a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the product price for you.